Who got voted off American Idol Tonight 2014 Season 13 Idol Results

Who got voted off American Idol Tonight 2014 Season 13 Idol Results header image

Why Melinda Doolittle Will Not Win American Idol

May 14th, 2007 -- by AmericanIdolFan -> · 52 Comments

Why Melinda Doolittle Will Not Win American Idol

Melinda Doolittle has been touted as one of the American Idols top favorites for most of the season. The Nashville native was a former back-up singer that is a technicallyWhy Melinda Doolitte Won't Win American Idol sound singer. Her notes and pitch are always seamlessly perfect.

Why Melinda won’t win.

Personality
Melinda lacks confidence. In all her comments she acts extremely humble. This humility at times seems forced and even fake. She doesn’t have the shining star personality. There is no “Diva Effect” for Melinda.

Passion
Almost all of the songs Melinda Doolittle sings are technically solid. They do however lack passion. American Idol Simon Cowell even hinted toward this in recent comments. Melinda doesn’t sing from the heart. Everything is about getting each note and pitch correct rather than exuding passion about the song.

Looks - Sex appeal
Melinda Doolittle doesn’t have the star quality looks. Some have even made the derogatory comments and nicknamed her “Shrek”. Not all recording artists have the look, but for a commercially produced and packaged deal like American Idol, looks are important.

Idol Producers
The American Idol Producers after Season 6 are looking for someone and something fresh. Both Jordin Sparks and Blake Lewis fit the bill. Young, talented, good looking, fresh and contemporary. Melinda is the standard old school fit. Idol producers want New and Fresh.

Melinda Doolittle is a talented Artist. She will have a successful singing career. She is likable, but the odds are stacked against her to be the Next American Idol.

American Idol is not about the best Singer, It is about the most commercially profitable singer that will sell the most CD’s and brings the most Fans to concerts.

Who goes to concerts the most? Buys the most Cd’s?
The teen and college age individuals.  They will support someone closer to there own age, mentality, lifestyle and  musical interest. This is not unfortunately the best singer in the competition.  Hence, Melinda Will not win American Idol.

Your thoughts?

Help Support Idol-Mania Blog –

Get Your American Idol CD’s, DVD’s and Merchandise

American Idol 2014 Season 13

Facebook Users Be sure to Like This POST and Like Our Facebook Fan Page

About

egehler@gmail.com

Tags: Melinda Doolittle

52 responses so far ↓

• 1 Kerry Olson // May 14, 2007 at 3:14 pm

That is the biggest bunch of baloney I’ve ever heard. Melinda is so much more talented than either Jordin or Blake. If Melinda gets voted off then America is tone-deaf.

• 2 loonytick // May 14, 2007 at 3:37 pm

This is the first season I’ve ever kind of gotten into enjoying the show, and it’s all because of Melinda Doolittle. She’s the very first AI contestant I’ve heard who sounds like a pro. Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood have turned into pros, but when they were on they were really just like the rest-the most talented kids from several high schools’ talent shows all competing against each other. Which, to me, is bo-ring and not worth my time. Melinda Doolittle, otoh, is an actual, honest to god singer. That counts for a lot.

Jordin could turn into something real, I’ll give her that. Blake, nah. No way. He can beatbox, yes. But god, how many times can we see someone beatbox? It’s not that interesting of a talent. He might eventually develop a watchable stage presence, right now he’s certainly trying hard in that regard, harder than Mindy Doo or anyone, but he’s coming off as someone who’s trying hard. And bottom line, his singing is not great. It’s hardly good.

• 3 Daughtryshouldhavewon! // May 14, 2007 at 10:30 pm

That’s a bunch of crap!!!!! If that’s true then Mcphee or daughtry would have won!!!!! Not that loser Taylor Hicks!!! I mean seriously, think that one through!!!!

• 4 America Idol Fan // May 14, 2007 at 11:07 pm

Last Year Taylor Hicks was My #1 Choice from the first time I saw him. He sparked something that that year needed. A Step away. This year they need a Step back. A Step back to Youth.

We will find out soon enough one way or another.

If you look way back into this site you will notice the Leak about Chris Daughtry and a Fuel Connection about 3 months prior to it being released to the public.

We’ll see. I would be happy with any one of the 3 idols making it to the finals.

• 5 Jo // May 15, 2007 at 12:39 pm

I agree with you. I have said for weeks now that it will be a Jordin/Blake Finale for the reasons that you posted, cd sales, concerts and marketability. Melinda is a great singer but she is old in terms of AI, she does not have the oomph factor that AI needs this year, but to let her go before the Finale was not in the cards. They had to keep her around because of her voice. Once Lakisha was gone I knew Melinda will be next. Melinda has come across kind of “fake” to me, she knows she has the voice. I don’t think that Jordin and Blake are in the same league as Melinda is or Lakisha was, but they are young and will sell tickets and cd’s so it will come down to them. I still predict that Jordin will win, Blake is just too out there for me, the beatbox is old and his voice is just not that good.
    Taylor can sing and I liked him from the beginning of the AI5 season. He was far from the typical contestant and that was his appeal but he has an excellent voice and that is why he won. Carrie broke the mold when a country singer won and she has amassed several awards and multi-platinum cd’s sales. Honestly I just don’t see Jordin or Blake in the same league as Kelly and Carrie. I think they will fade away like some other Idols have. We will see what happens.

• 6 Rat Terrier // May 15, 2007 at 9:47 pm

What? Melinda is by far the best. Whether she has passion, sex appeal or personality is YOUR opinion. What about Reuben? He had no personality, no passion and certainly no sex appeal, in my opinion. She sings like Sarah Vaughn. Jordin screams, searches for notes. She also is built like an amazon. Too big too win. See how dumb that sounds?

• 7 America Idol Fan // May 15, 2007 at 11:29 pm

Medlina Doolittle Proved Tonight (5-16-07) that she should Win the American Idol Season 6. She got the support of the Judges, was the last to perform, and now it is just up to viewers to vote her through. She deserves the title.

• 8 Jo // May 16, 2007 at 9:21 am

I have to admit that I was wrong about Melinda. Last night she blew me and her competition AWAY! She had the passion, that hasn’t always shown through, and her range was incredible! She had THREE COMPLETELY different songs to sing and she did it well! As for Blake, all three of his songs sounded the same to me, bland and boring. Jordin was not on top last night until the last song and still she did not hold a candle to Melinda!
    Go Melinda! She might win it after all!

• 9 Randi // May 16, 2007 at 9:54 am

Melinda Doolittle is a versatile talent. Week after week she delivered, even on tough nights like country and rock. She has a God given talent and she knows it. Her humility is genuine. Did anyone notice that for her last song of the evening she chose ” I’m a Woman” and made it a point to bring out the three backup singers on stage with her. This was possibly her last shot on stage and she took the time in her subtle and humble way to recognize the ladies who help to make the lead singers look good. If you taped it, go back and play the final notes of that song and notice the special nod between Charlotte and Melinda. Melinda has not forgotten who she is or where she came from and that was her way of saying “if this is my last night here, I want you to know I appreciate all you’ve done.”
    Now she could have gone out with a huge solo blast but she didn’t. I voted more last night than all other previous years combined. My husband was starting to worry about me! But I hope this girl wins this so -called singing competition. If you could look skin deep at this beauty you’d see what a treasure she is inside and out. Melinda I hope you see this- you are amazing.

• 10 Fran // May 16, 2007 at 10:28 am

Although Jordin has been a favorite in our household, I have to admit that Melinda, was by far, the best last night. She delivered her songs like a professional. She deserves to take the title. I believe she is truly humble and that it is part of her make-up and not phony.

• 11 Hunter // May 16, 2007 at 12:08 pm

I’m not sure why everyone thinks up philosophical justifications for who “should” or “shouldn’t” win American Idol – and how people (such as Simon Cowell) seem to get offended by the fact that the best singer may not win. The fact is that the winner is not necessarily the best singer, and it’s certainly not the person who will theoreically sell the most CDs and concert tickets, either in opinions of the producers or judges or anyone. Of course these factor into the decision, but the winner of American Idol will be, and always has been, the person who, on the sheer basis of the people watching that particular show or following the season, was able to effect the most Americans to get off their butts and pick up their phones. The winner of any competition like this wins via a *knee-jerk reaction* – it’s all about a single, one-time, simple impression these singers make on the viewing population. This is what the judges are getting at when they say the “it” factor, or the X-factor or whatever – some people are good enough to get you to move from the couch to the phone, some aren’t. It’s not a singing contest, or a music production contest, it is, and always has been a popularity contest, and there’s nothing wrong with that – it’s a contest to see who can invoke the most magic to touch our lives in a way that we can’t fully understand.

• 12 lindawaldegar // May 16, 2007 at 2:51 pm

Jordin Sparks must win the American Idol. Why is Simon being hard on her I will never ever know . She is the fresh young talent who will go far in her career and winning American Idol is what she needs now She has the looks, the talent and the personality to o anything, Another Barbara Streisand in the making. If her songs are 40 years old, who cares She sings the heck out of any song. A powerhouse voice like Celine Dion or barbara Streisand and we need Jordin to win all the way.

• 13 Mike // May 16, 2007 at 5:59 pm

Melinda deserves it. The fact that this competition isn’t based on solely singing abilities and talent is beyond me. Look at the facts.

Blake: Doesn’t have the nerve to sing a song through, and he goes back to beatboxing to cover up his weak points (SINGING!).
    Jordin: Age might not matter but EXPERIENCE plays a big role. Her voice is still so raw. Her voice doesn’t work to cover up her mistakes, and she doesn’t have very good relative pitch. Screaching is her game, and ‘innocence’ and ‘loveableness’ are her strengths. She doesn’t deserve it.

Melinda: She has the experience, college education and ability. She knows what notes are CORRECT, she stays consistent and usually picks the right songs. She can control her voice, and she is a professional in the studio as well. The way she acts isn’t fake, and she’s been overcoming her fear throughout the weeks. She has the star quality, yet those who believed she didn’t have it to start with simply gave up on her.

American Idol producers would be LUCKY if Melinda won, which she should. She won’t be taken advantage of in the business, and she KNOWS what she can sing and what will sound good. Jordin’s just a tall girl who people think is cute and loveable. That immediately negates the SINGING part of the competition. Same goes for Blake. Melinda NEEDS to win to serve against the horrible injustice of Idol years.

• 14 Diskaricious // May 16, 2007 at 8:48 pm

Melinda is talented, but I don’t see her winning because she seems too old for her age. Most of the people who watch and vote on American Idol are teens and young adults. So I believe they will want to vote for someone they can relate to, and that would be Jordin. Melinda isn’t a pop star, and pop is what sells in this day and age.

• 15 Will // May 16, 2007 at 10:03 pm

OMG….you called it….

• 16 jill // May 16, 2007 at 10:29 pm

Melinda is very talented. I don’t know what Americns are voting for! She is by far the best singer on the show and I will no longer want to watch the show. Blake can’t sing (he can only beatbox) and Jordin is very into herself but Melinda can sing much better than her. I’m sorry. I am disgusted to say the least with tonight’s show results.

• 17 Tim // May 16, 2007 at 10:31 pm

Give me a break! Melinda was my choice from the get go. The first time I heard her, there was no question, or has been once since, that she by far exceeds any of the talent available this year. I will be first in line to buy her new cd, which I hope comes soon!
    Look at past winners, only 2 of the 5 have amounted to anything. Sadly, 2 out of 6 now is the forecast.

• 18 MelindaIsMyLover // May 16, 2007 at 10:37 pm

Why has America screwed up two years in a row. McPhee or Daughtry should have won last year and Melinda should have, WITHOUT A DOUBT, won this year. I am so depressed by the results and after rooting for Melinda for the whole competition, I feel a little part of me has died. Whatever happened to voting for talent?!?

• 19 B.Wash // May 16, 2007 at 10:48 pm

Man its sad that this show has come to this. I loved watching the show but after this mess this year im no longer interested. I will probably watch the staged part at the beginning but the end they can keep. Doolittle run circles around both of these kids. Its sad but that how America is. Doolittle you go girl. I will buy your first album.

• 20 davidgreen // May 16, 2007 at 10:52 pm

I bet all you people who just cut him down feel really stupid right now. He was absolutely right the whole time and he just got proven right. Stop gettin all in an uproar, people. He was never saying that Doolittle didn’t DESERVE to win. But the fact is that American Idol winners are products that need to make money. And who makes money for the music industry?? All you little middle schoolers do. Therefore, you are the reason Doolittle did not win American Idol. Your generation has turned the music industry into all about money instead of music.

• 21 Sheryl // May 16, 2007 at 11:35 pm

Well, the world has voted and Melinda is off the show! It blew me away I have rfead the above comments and it is true that this IS a popularity contest and Not just a singing contest. I love Blake and think he brings something new and exciting. Jordin is great, but I think 17 is too young to win this competition and all that goes with it.

Melinda will make it anyway so I am okay with it, but I think its incredible that ANYONE would vote her off!

Go Melinda

• 22 m. steinert // May 16, 2007 at 11:38 pm

i will NEVER watch this show EVER again! However, I will always remember, as i watched Melinda Doolittle sing, her genuine heart and SOUL come through and that, my fellow Americans, is a gift that you were just too stupid to have the sensibility to vote for. Money, money, money……….what more can I say.

• 23 John // May 17, 2007 at 12:05 am

Ok, first of all, in response to the comments that all Blake does is beatbox, he probably went a good 6 weeks without even an utterance of it. He throws it in with some flair, but he has gotten almost entirely to where he is off of his singing and looks. The guy is sick. He is the most consistent of the contestants in terms of tone and pitch. The girls tend to scream and screetch at times. He is always on key, and his tone is great. Is he the most talented singer in the show, no. But, he is the best performer. He is able to sing songs that arent 30 years old. He brings something to the show called to 20th century. If you feel like listening to outdated ballads, the show is going to die. It gets old fast.

However, melinda and jordin are incredible. These three clearly had the most talent of the whole season. Melinda was unbelievably consistent and when jordin is on, it sends chills down your spine. However, whose CD would I actually listen to? Blakes. If I want to listen to the type of music Melinda and Jordin sing, I’ll buy a whitney houston CD, and it will be a ton better.

• 24 Sapp // May 17, 2007 at 12:14 am

I’ve been done with American Idol since after season 4. The days of Fantasia and Jennifer Hudson were captivating. It’s funny that in those days, not critics were saying “She won’t win because her teeth are too ugly and nobody will buy CD’s” Nobody was saying stupid judgmental things that I have heard. That was the last year of TALENT. Now thats a word everybody needs to understand. When you buy a CD, you don’t LOOK at the CD player to hear the music. You listen. Whether the person is 30 or 19, if they are TALENTED, their CD will sell!!! Barry White (God bless the dead) was not the cutest man in the world. He puts you in the mind of an ape honestly. But his music is what was playing when you and I were concieved and is still playing today in 2007. You critics and your ideas about physical features to be an idol are the reason why I hate listening to the radio now. Any little big breasted, blond dummy can sing a 3 note chorus over and over again and she’s got a hit. It’s not important that she isn’t talented. What’s important to the world (and you that think this) is how D*%N fine she is. Now that ladies and gentleman is your idea of an American Idol. Melinda Doolittle, I’ll save my $20.00 for your CD sweetie. Because I know it will be easier on my ears than those eye catchers. (By the way, I’m 20, isn’t that the age that’s supposed to not like her?

• 25 Craig // May 17, 2007 at 12:16 am

Melinda Doolittle was one of the best singers that has ever been on American Idol. The fact that Taylor won last year, Sangyia (sp) made it as far as he did, and now Melinda getting voted off makes one who enjoys great singers turned off to say the least.

The teeny boppers voted for the lesser talents of Blake and Jordon……

• 26 Craig // May 17, 2007 at 1:22 am

I bought Chris Daughtry’s CD I didn’t buy Taylor Hicks’ I’ll buy Melinda’s CD I wont buy one from Blake or Jordin …. Melinda is already this years winner as far as i’m concerned!!!

• 27 iaminfuriated!!!! // May 17, 2007 at 2:36 am

I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinions…so here is mine.

jordin sparks is a spoiled, rich, fake, pretentious, brat who has to act like a blithering idiot on stage when people talk to her to get the attention that her vocals lack. and if i have to watch her form a heart with her hands one more time, i am going to vomit, literally. can she act her age? she obviously can sing love songs, but is she talented, no. if you have to screech to sing country or rock, like bon jovi’s living on a prayer, then i wouldn’t call that talented. not to mention, she looks like a giant redwood tree with a big mouth.

moving right along to blake lewis…. this kid can beatbox, but who would buy an entire album consisting of that??? obviously, america will. he cant sing anything original, he has to copycat sting like simon said last night. let’s face it, he is a good looking guy. but that lip curl thing is intolerable. he is my choice to win now, since melinda is gone. at least he doesnt sound like a howler monkey.

and my girl melinda….this is supposed to be a talent contest. not a supermodel search, or worlds most annoying. melinda could outsing anyone, and we all have to know that somewhere inside ourselves. the girl has come a long way. let’s also face the fact that she isn’t beautiful, and she isnt flashy, and she is extremely introverted. but if i remember correctly, carrie underwood wasn’t too thrilling to watch either. she was like a stick on stage. melinda exudes the passion in her face. she doesnt have to shake her butt to know she has talent. but hey, she is probably better off not winning so she wont have to sing cheesey AI songs!!!!

SOUL PATROL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 28 Judi // May 17, 2007 at 3:16 am

Funny how things work out. Now Melinda can do her own thing without the terms of American Idol CD’s. She’s probably going to be another Chris Daughtry and rise to the top over his seasons winner. I wish her the best and wish my Tivo didn’t cut off Simon’s last comments.

• 29 Faith DeWaay // May 17, 2007 at 3:40 am

I can’t believe that Melinda got voted off American Idol. She deserves to be in the finals. Perhaps some people voted against her because Simon said he liked her. Maybe everyone assumed that Melinda was safe and voted for the runner up. Maybe a Sanjaya factor was there and some people voted for the worst of the three. I have liked Melinda since she auditioned. The show is more interesting when you see the auditions and pick a favorite then. I don’t understand how Melinda can be so quiet and shy sometimes and like Tina Turner other times. Melinda is genuinely humble and kind- I hope she always stays that way. I think that Jordin is usually a very good singer, but I never thought that Blake would make it to the finals. I think that Phil sang better than Blake. I thought there was a rule that beatboxing was not allowed after Hollywood- Blake said it early in the season. It is interesting but it should not be substituted for singing. I told my teenage daughter to vote for Jordin and Melinda, but she grabbed the phone and voted for Blake over and over. I voted for Melinda, and I think that she should have won. American Idol should only accept one vote per phone number if they want the voting to be fair. It is too easy for the same person to vote 100 times using redial. I thought that Sanjaya was a nice guy, but I was dismayed that he went farther than other people who were much better singers. Maybe they should have voter registration at the beginning of the season on the American Idol web site and only accept votes from pre-registered phone numbers. This would be similar to anti-spam measures on blogs and web pages. The true fans will continue to be disappointed if American Idol does not take action against unfair voting. My husband and I have enjoyed the show this season, but we are discouraged now that Melinda is gone. Perhaps there should be a judges’ award for the best of the last 5 contestants, in addition to having a popular finalist. It would not hurt to have sort of a consolation prize for someone like Melinda who has consistently sung well all season.

• 30 Recci // May 17, 2007 at 9:30 am

I was extremely shocked when I watched melinda voted off.
    I think she deserves to enter the final.
    And I agree that this is a talent show.
    why should we consider the sex appeals and sort of things.
    I like her voice,
    her attitude must not be a fake
    and she is a diva.

Viva melinda!
    She will have far greater career than any other american Idols!

• 31 Athena // May 17, 2007 at 10:27 am

Yeah, Melinda Doolittle is the obvious choice for best singer and performer, leaving all the others in the dust every show. However, the disappointed discerning music fan would do well to remind themselves what “American Idol” actually is: a TV show, and a vehicle for launching a pop star. Want good “new” music that deserves lots more recognition and commercial success? For vocals, try “Sweet” Irma Thomas or Steve Conn, the latter of whom is also an extraordinary songwriter, keyboardist, and producer. While you’re at it, check out astonishing slide guitarist and genre-exploding original artist Sonny Landreth. If you don’t mind them being recently deceased, check out Clarence ‘Gatemouth’ Brown. If you don’t mind them being marginally successful, but not maintstream TV or radio fodder try Marcia Ball, Patti Griffith,John Hiatt or Greg Brown. BTW, except for the latter 3, these are all Louisiana-based musicians who for years have worked hard at doing their thing and bringing great pleasure to fans, largely outside the mainstream popular music business. Melinda fans, don’t dispair. There’s good stuff out there, just not usually on American Idol. Come South & do a little bar hopping and festival-going, & you might find it.

• 32 Orson // May 17, 2007 at 1:47 pm

If it’s about singing, God, Melinda is the best by far, no doubts about it. But of course, most people seem to care about other stuff, and precisely this is why Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and so many other non talented artists sell millions of albums. Those two in the finale looked so surprised when they said Melinda had been voted off… Anyway, everyone knows she was the best singer in this competition, and I think that means a lot more than winning because of the lack of taste of the voters, mostly stupid teen-agers, I bet. She will make a great record, probably a much better one than the actual winner. Shame on the voters.

• 33 Robert Moravek Sr // May 17, 2007 at 5:42 pm

Your comments are nothing farther from the truth. All the judges consistantly have said that this is a singing contest not a beauty contest. Melinda unquestionably had the best vocals. If the contest was for marketability, why did Ruben win??? He has a great voice but no marketability.

I’m so upset that Melinda is not part of the final and eventually winning, that I am no longer a fan of this program. There should be controls on the voting so that no one can vote more than 5 times. I know some kids that have voted several hundred times in one night after the performances. This is not fair nor appropriate. It does not give the correct count of the applicable votes for a performer.

All can say is American Idol now has a “Black Eye” as to what happened on the show last night. To bad it was once a great entertainment venue.

• 34 bonnie // May 17, 2007 at 5:50 pm

i am very disappointed to see melinda go. wow what a voice no matter what you give her to sing. her sweet persauna is truely a gift.. i think blake and jordin are ok but to think all those who watch american idol and only see someone hot or bebop cute is crazy. randy, simon and paula know this girl has it all. please some record producer pick up our girl melinda she will do you proud… my grandkids are in there teens and they think melinda has it too .. so you go girl and make that amazing cd… good luck melinda bonnie

• 35 ENKO // May 17, 2007 at 7:06 pm

Melinda is BY FAR the most talented singer that has ever been on american idol. I did not even like the show but her talent and passion that she expresses in her songs made me want to watch. She is so talented, way more then the other two. Who many times are out of tune… YARG! I hope she will get famous even though she was not in the final two, because she has more talent then blake and that last chick put together.

• 36 Becky // May 17, 2007 at 7:19 pm

I am not bashing Melinda Doolittle, Not one time have I not given her props! I voted for Melinda a few times to determine if her lines were as full as Jordins, You are the one bashing contestants!!!!

• 37 SamanthaUnger // May 17, 2007 at 7:30 pm

Well I liked Melinda too. But i looked at the web site an seen the point. We all have our opinions and no one is bashing her, they are just stating their opinions. I agree with Becky but i also agree with everyone else but guess what AMERICA VOTED AND SHE IS GONE SO EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET OVER IT!

• 38 dewey // May 17, 2007 at 8:29 pm

Melinda doolittle made american idol like ruben fantasia carrie kelly did what happened was a disgrace and made me believe that there is no such thing as a american idol all the idols since carrie underwood won have been booted of the show i love u melinda u are the best i do think jordin and u should have had a stand off the finale would have been great my american idols no longer exist given melinda being the last one

• 39 Roger Gidney // May 17, 2007 at 9:50 pm

Melinda is a great singer,but it has been apparent throughout this competition that just being great is not good enough! True, Melinda sang consistently well but lacked versatility, for instance, her country songs were lacking due to her inability to transform if you will and give that country song what it calls for, which would be, country music with a believable country flair, even to the point of wearing a country outfit. A beautiful bellowing gospel like voice is an awesome thing to listen to, but it doesn’t belong in the ones she sang. Out of the three black female singers(all very good) Jordin is the most versatile. Blake is very hip and cool, and sounds great, and i hoped he would make it this far, his last three songs went off real well and definitely saved his bacon

• 40 Sara Ch. // May 26, 2007 at 7:04 pm

Great insight. I think your points are perfect. Especially that American Idol is NOT about the best singer. Melinda isn’t nearly as pop-music marketable as either Blake or Jordin. She’s probably better off that she didn’t win because if she had American Idol would own her. She’ll do great on her own.

Sara Ch.

• 41 Maggie // May 29, 2007 at 1:47 pm

I am so glad season 6 is all over and done with. It was worth watching until Melinda got voted off. She by far had the talent and the performance. She never one had a strike against her when it was time to judge her except for her confidence which is something that could be worked on. She deserved the title and in my book she took it. Not to worry non because she will get far in what she sets herself out to do. People, somtimes looks aint everything. Like Jordin has the American Idol figure? she was way chunky herself. She just had a good voice but lacked stage performance and always took the ballads she knew she got good ratings on and sang them over again. But, american voted so congrats to Jordin.

• 42 Diana // May 31, 2007 at 9:05 pm

I can not believe Melinda did not win this competition, she was the only reason I kept watching the show. Hers will be the only CD I will purchase out of all the contestants. I cant wait and sure hope it will be released in New Zealand.

• 43 Jenny // Jun 1, 2007 at 6:26 pm

I lost interest when America voted Doolittle out. Clearly she was the most talented of the three. Something’s wrong when the Best finishes in third place.

Melinda’s is the only CD I will purchase. I will listen to Jordin’s voice if it’s free, and only if she doesn’t shriek. I couldn’t possible listen to Blake again, free or not. How he got to the finals is beyond me.

Melinda rules, now and forevermore.

• 44 tre // Jul 29, 2007 at 11:48 am

hey everyone , acc to me an idol should be a perfect blend of everything – looks, singing ,style,attitude and much more . but its also true thatother things can be improved more easily :)American Idol returns for a sixth season and promises to be the biggest season to date. It all begins January 16, 2007 with a double premiere. Idolites can expect this season to began with the normal highs and lows as Paul, Randy, and Simon weed through grueling days trying to find the scattered performers ( a term used loosely) that actually have talent. Get more details on http://www.idol-mania.com

• 45 Darlene // Aug 22, 2007 at 11:20 am

It’s almost time for the next american Idol to start but i will never forget melinda
    nor will I ever vote again. This contest was supposed to be about talent, not looks or money or anything else, just pure talent, and Melinda has that above and beyond any of the others. I think she’s beautiful, she has a sweet soul that you can see shine, and she’s above and beyond any of the others. Melinda I don’t know if you ever read any of these or not, but when you were voted off it made me sick, you ARE the best and I think/hope/and pray that you will go far. Melinda is the only contestant that was on american idol that I was ever impressed enought to buy and cd and her cd’s I will buy. Never give up, and always look to jesus to lead you to the right path. You are a star, a winner and the best american idol has ever had.

• 46 J.Bradford // Jan 11, 2008 at 3:38 pm

Melinda was the best, Jordin was and is fake, I don’t think she deserved to be the winner, but people like me I am older did not vote. Or when I tried to did not have the patient the young teens do, but life is not fair. But only God knows why Melinda did not win, he must have better things in store for her. Better late than never.

• 47 Melinda Fan // Jan 24, 2008 at 9:06 pm

Melinda was AMAZING. There is no way she didn’t have soul. I LOVE MELINDA!

• 48 Louise // Feb 9, 2008 at 7:27 am

Melinda Doolittle I tune song on February 12,2008 if you want more info about her come to http://www.melindafan.net all info there for her backups!

• 49 Louise // Feb 12, 2008 at 12:00 pm

Melinda just have her i tunes song today My funny Valentine she is amazing you want more info about her get at wwww.melindafan.net where is all the fresh new about her Her cd will be out in June 2008 You are welcome her fans

• 50 Why David Archuleta Will Not Win American Idol Season 7 // Feb 29, 2008 at 4:41 am

[...] popular in the eyes of the judges.  Remember last years Melinda Doolittle?  I made a post about why she would NOT win last year and she was gone. Remember Chris Daughtry, two years ago, I scooped and inside story about a [...]

• 51 Louise7 // Jun 21, 2008 at 4:42 pm

Melinda will released her first album at the end of the summer and also working Holiday One. http://www.mdstreetteam.com to support Melinda

• 52 Louise7 // Oct 22, 2008 at 1:55 pm

Good news for you Melinda Doolittle fans! She’s set to release her debut album titled, Coming Back to You on Hi-Fi Recordings in January 09. Produced by Grammy-nominated producer Mike Mangini (Joss Stone, Run DMC, The Jonas Brothers), Coming Back to You was recorded with a team of live musicians in Nashville and New York City.

The first single, “It’s Your Love” will be released to radio in October.

“Keep yourself updated with Melinda’s career at melindasbackups.

melindasbackups.com is a web site owned by Melinda Doolittle. Melinda’s Backups™ is a non-profit supportive association inspired by Melinda and authorized by her to operate this web site on behalf of her fans.